Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sisters **Scrap That Poetry and Practical Scrappers***

I totally Love this weeks Poem at Scrap that Poetry. I knew the second I read the poem, I wanted to scrap this picture, from Christmas 2008, I knew the right time would come for me to scrap it. This also works for this weeks challenge at Practical Scrapper
The Journaling reads:
We are the knot that ties our families together. We may not always see eye to eye, but we always stand side by side. You are my best friend and confidante. We love our girl time. I only hope that Monica and Natalie would share the same knot.






Here is the poem.
Freedom and Love by Thomas Campbell

How delicious is the winning
Of a kiss at love's beginning,
When two mutual hearts are sighing
For the knot there's no untying!
Yet remember, 'Midst our wooing,
Love has bliss, but Love has ruing;
Other smiles may make you fickle,
Tears for other charms may trickle.
Love he comes, and Love he tarries,
Just as fate or fancy carries;
Longest stays, when sorest chidden;
Laughs and flies, when press'd and bidden.
Bind the sea to slumber stilly,
Bind its odour to the lily,
Bind the aspen ne'er to quiver,
Then bind Love to last for ever.
Love's a fire that needs renewal
Of fresh beauty for its fuel:
Love's wing moults when caged and captured,
Only free, he soars enraptured.
Can you keep the bee from ranging
Or the ringdove's neck from changing?
No! nor fetter'd Love from dying
In the knot there's no untying.

11 comments:

glorygirl said...

WOWZA! I love the tulle on this layout and the way you applied the love in the poem to this picture and the bond you share. Thanks for sharing this at Scrap That Poetry!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness... you were busy!! What an amazing layout! Thanks for playing along with us!

Unknown said...

Stunning, I love that poem....This has me almost in tears..I can't help but be reminded of my two sisters and how I love them. This layout is just stunning, I adore all of your detail and elements. You should enter it at Practical Scrappers with the flowers!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Sarah said...

Oh my word this is amazing! Gorgeous poem and beautiful embellies!! Thank you so much for joining in at Practical Scrappers and sharing your talent with us!

Jane F. Smith said...

wow...what a gorgeous LO!! love the tulle around the edge, nice touch! Thanks for playing at STP!!

Unknown said...

diana, this is a beautiful layout! loved it! i can't wait to start in on this challenge!

shortywithastory said...

Dang, girl! Look at how wonderful you are! Seriously, this layout is amazing! Way to rock the challenge! So glad to see your wonderful work at Practical Scrappers!

Kim said...

SO incredibly AWESOME, Diana!!! You are blowing my mind with your amazing work!!!

Windy Robinson Life Handmade said...

Amazing!!! Love all of that pink... your work is gorgeous!!!

Nikki xx said...

Your layout is absolutlely spectacular.....I LOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!
The details and all the embellishment....just gorgeous. What a beautiful contribution to this months poem.

Jessica Wilson said...

Wow, there is so much great detail in this layout!!! I love the photo, the bird, oh I just love it all!! Thanks for playing with us at STP!!! Love, Jess